We are almost at the end of our lessons. Today we learn the Double Crochet Stitch. This is larger than the single crochet and the half double crochet. You can use this stitch in scarves, hats, blankets, and purses.
You Need Bulky Yarn & A Big Hook
- Yarn – the bulkier the better for little hands.
- Crochet Hook – Again, the bigger the better. Try a J hook or larger.
How to Make the Double Crochet Stitch:
Things You can Make with the Double Crochet Stitch:
- Doll clothes
- Stuff bag
- Tea cozy
- Cup cozy
- Hair band
- Dish cloth
- Crayon or pencil pouch
Next lesson we will combine all these stitches into one project!
Did you miss a lesson?
- Teach Your Child to Crochet Lesson #1: Crochet a Chain
- Teach Your Child to Crochet Lesson #2: Single Crochet Stitch
- Teach Your Child to Crochet Lesson #3: Half Double Crochet Stitch
Looking for the next lesson?
For more fun learning check out these resources:
The Complete Photo Guide to Crochet (Kindle Book)
Kids! Picture Yourself Crocheting (Kindle Book)