Today we will be learning how to make a Single Crochet Stitch. You can start to make hats, dish cloths and coasters with this stitch.
You Need Bulky Yarn & A Big Hook
- Yarn – the bulkier the better for little hands.
- Crochet Hook – Again, the bigger the better. Try a J hook or larger.
How to Crochet a Single Crochet Stitch:
So far you have learned to make a Foundation Chain and now a Single Crochet Stitch.
Things You can Make Using Single Crochet:
- Head band
- Patchwork afghan
How did you do? Why not try and make a simple wash cloth?
Just make a foundation chain about 16 and then single crochet in the 3rd chain from the hook. Now single crochet in each stitch across. When you get to the last chain, single crochet, then chain 1 (gives you height for your next row) and turn. Start all over for the next row and repeat until you have about 15 rows.
Did you miss a lesson?
The next lessons are:
- Teach Your Child to Crochet Lesson #3: Half Double Crochet Stitch
- Teach Your Child to Crochet Lesson #4: Double Crochet Stitch
- Teach Your Child to Crochet Lesson #5: Put Them All Together Now!
For more fun learning check out these resources:
7 Easy to Crochet Simple Patterns (Kindle Book – only $2.99!)
Susan’s Simple Rose Crochet Pattern (Kindle Book – Only $1.75!)