Today we are going to learn how to make a half double crochet stitch. It is just a little bigger than a single crochet and will come in handy when making larger items like hats or afghans.
You Need Bulky Yarn & A Big Hook
- Yarn – the bulkier the better for little hands.
- Crochet Hook – Again, the bigger the better. Try a J hook or larger.
How to Make a Half Double Crochet Stitch:
Things You can Make using Half Double Crochet Stitch:
- Tea Cozy
- Book cover
- Fingerless gloves
- Camera case
- Crayon pouch
- Doll sleeping bag
How are you doing so far? Come like Mom’s Talk Network on Facebook and share pictures of your kid’s projects!
Next time we are going to learn how to Double Crochet.
Did you miss a lesson?
- Teach Your Child to Crochet Lesson #1: Crochet a Chain
- Teach Your Child to Crochet Lesson #2: Single Crochet Stitch
Looking for the next lesson?
- Teach Your Child to Crochet Lesson #4: Double Crochet
- Teach Your Child to Crochet Lesson #5: Put Them All Together Now!
For more fun learning check out these resources:
So Simple Crochet Scarves: Frilly Ruffle Scarf (Kindle Book: Only $4.50!)
Easy Shell Stitch Scarf Pattern (Kindle Book: Only $2.99!)
Don’t have a Kindle? You can read these eBooks online too! Just check them out.