The full instructions can be found here: HE IS RISEN Laced Paper Plate Easter Craft for Kids.
Looking at it now, I realize that I read the instructions quickly and ended up kind of doing our own thing. Here are our modifications:
- I folded the plate in half rather than cutting it. It made cutting out the opening a little trickier, but it still worked for us.
- We used the cutout piece as the rock. My son taped it to the side. Originally I had planned to attach it with a brad fastener so it could roll back and forth.
- My son drew an angel inside – I was planning to find one online and paste it in, but this works too!
- We didn’t decorate with flowers, but he drew on the front of it to make it look more “stone-like”.
- He cut out a cross and fastened it to the top.
Overall, it was a fun craft (and kept him occupied while I was working!), and we were able to talk about the true meaning of Easter.
Don’t forget to check out these other Easter crafts:
And don’t forget to check out these great sites for more Easter Crafts!
Happy Easter everyone!